WARNING RISK OF FIRE
• To reduce the risk of severe injury or death, follow all installation instructions.
• Install the clothes dryer according to these instructions and in accordance with local
codes. In the absence of local codes, installation must comply with National Fuel Gas
Code, ANSIZ223.1/NFPA 54 or the Canadian Natural Gas and Propane Installation
Code, CSA B149.1.
• California Safe Drinking Water and Toxic Enforcement Act.
This act requires the governor of California to publish a list of substances known to
the state to cause cancer, birth defects or other reproductive harm and requires
businesses to warn customers of potential exposure to such substances. Gas
appliances can cause minor exposure to four of these substances, namely benzene,
carbon monoxide, formaldehyde and soot, caused primarily by the incomplete
combustion of natural gas or LP fuels. Properly adjusted dryers will minimize
incomplete combustion. Exposure to these substances can be minimized further by
properly venting the dryer to the outdoors.
• This dryer must be exhausted to the outdoors.
• Use only 4” rigid metal ducting for exhausting the clothes dryer to the outdoors.
• DO NOTLQVWDOODFORWKHVGU\HUZLWKÀH[LEOHSODVWLFGXFWLQJPDWHULDOV,IÀH[LEOHPHWDO
(semi-rigid or foil-type) duct is installed, it must be UL listed and installed in accordance
with the instructions found in “Connecting The Dryer To House Vent” on page 6 of this
manual. Flexible venting materials are known to collapse, be easily crushed, and trap
• Do not install or store this appliance in any location where it could be exposed to
water and or weather.
• Save these instructions. (Installers: Be sure to leave these instructions with the
In the state of Massachusetts:
• ,QVWDOODWLRQ PXVW EH SHUIRUPHG E\ D TXDOL¿HG RU OLFHQVHG FRQWUDFWRU
BEFORE YOU BEGIN
Read these instructions completely and
• ,03257$17 Save these instructions
for local inspector’s use.
• ,03257$17 Observe all governing
codes and ordinances.
• 1RWHWR,QVWDOOHU Be sure to leave these
instructions with the customer.
• 1RWH WR &XVWRPHU Keep these
instructions with your Owner’s Manual for
• Before the old dryer is removed from
service or discarded, remove the dryer
• Inspect the dryer exhaust outlet and
straighten the outlet walls if they are bent.
• Service information and the wiring
diagram are located in the control console.
• Do not allow children on or in the appliance.
Close supervision of children is necessary
when the appliance is used near children.
• Install the dryer where the temperature is
above 50°F for satisfactory operation of
the dryer control system.
• Product failure due to improper installation
is not covered under the Warranty.
8" PIPE WRENCH
10" ADJUSTABLE WRENCHES
SLIP JOINT PLIERS
FLAT BLADE SCREWDRIVER
M ATERIALS YOU WILL NEED
FLEXIBLE GAS LINE CONNECTOR
FOR LEAK DETECTION
4" DIAM METAL ELBOW
4" DUCT CLAMPS
4" SPRING CLAMPS
4" DIA. FLEXIBLE METAL (SEMI-RIGID)
UL LISTED TRANSITION DUCT
KIT WX08X10077 (INCLUDES 2 ELBOWS)
4" DIA. METAL DUCT
4" DIA. FLEXIBLE METAL (FOIL TYPE)
UL LISTED TRANSITION DUCT
234D2217P001 31-16735 10-13 GE
TOOLS YOU WILL