Retention of this instruction leaflet:
This instruction leaflet must be kept handy for reference as it contains
important details on the safe and proper use of the appliance.
If you sell or pass the appliance to someone else, or move house and
leave it behind, make sure this leaflet is also provided so that the new
owner can become familiar with the appliance and safety warnings.
Before you operate your new Hotpoint
WARNING – THIS APPLIANCE MUST BE EARTHED.
Your cooker should have been checked to ensure
that the voltage corresponds with your supply
this is stated on the rating plate, which is
on the rear panel. The cooker must be
connected by a competent person eg, NICEIC reg-
istered contractor to suitable double-pole control
unit with a minimum rating of 32A and a mini-
mum contact clearance of 3mm, which should be
fitted adjacent to the cooker, in accordance with
The power supply cable should conform to
B.S.6004 with a conductor size of 6mm
The control unit should be easily accessible in the
event of an emergency, but must be within 2
metres of and not directly above an appliance.
This appliance conforms to EN 55014 regarding
suppression of radio and television interference.
Access to the mains terminals is gained by remov-
ing the rear access cover.
The mains cable must pass through the cable
clamp adjacent to the terminal block. Sufficient
cable should be used to allow the cooker to be
pulled out for servicing.
Ensure that the mains cable is routed away from
any brackets affixed to the rear panel and is not
trapped to the rear wall when pushing the cook-
er into position between cabinets.
The cooker is designed to fit between kitchen
cabinets spaced 500mm apart. The space either
side need only be sufficient to allow withdrawal
of the cooker for servicing. It can be used with
cabinets one side or both as well as in an angled
corner setting. It can also be used free-standing.
This cooker is a type X appliance,as such adjacent
side walls which project above hob level, must
not be nearer to the cooker than 150mm and
protected by heat resistant material.
surface or cooker hood should
not be nearer than 650mm.
The height of the cooker can be adjusted by
means of adjustable feet in the plinth (900mm -
915mm). Adjust the feet by tilting the cooker
from the side.
Then install the product into position.
Siting the Cooker
When used properly your appliance is completely safe but as
with any electrical product there are certain precautions that
must be observed.
PLEASE READ THE PRECAUTIONS BELOW BEFORE USING YOUR
When the cooker is first used an odour may be emitted, this will
cease after a period of use.
Ensure the cooker is installed by a qualified electrician following
the instructions below.
● Remove all packing from the appliance before switching on for
the first time.
● Understand the controls prior to using the appliance.
● Keep children away from the appliance when cooking as the sur-
faces will get extremely hot during and after use.
● Turn controls off when not in use.
● Stand back when opening an oven door to allow any build up of
steam or heat to disperse.
Always use dry good quality oven gloves when removing items
from the oven/grill.
● Always place pans centrally over the hotplate making sure handles
are kept away from the edge of the hob and cannot become heat-
ed by other hotplates or pans.
Always take care to avoid heat or steam burns when operating the
● Always turn off the electricity supply at the wall switch and allow
the appliance to cool before cleaning (or changing an oven lamp if
Always make sure the shelves are in the correct position before
switching on the oven or grill.
● Always keep the oven/grill door closed when the appliance is not
● Always keep the appliance clean as a build up of grease or fat from
cooking can cause a fire.
Always follow the basic principles of food handling and hygiene to
prevent the possibility of bacterial growth.
● Always keep ventilation slots clear of obstructions.
● Always refer servicing to a qualified appliance service engineer.
● Always take care when removing items from the grill compartment
when the lower oven is in use as the contents will be hot
● Always turn off the electricity supply to the appliance at the wall
switch should any glass panel (if fitted) crack or shatter and then
DO NOT USE THE APPLIANCE until repaired.
● During use, the oven becomes hot. Care should be taken to avoid
touching heating elements inside the oven.
SAFETY ADVICE IN CASE OF A CHIP-PAN FIRE
In the event of a chip pan fire or any other pan fire.
1. TURN OFF THE COOKER APPLIANCE AT THE WALL SWITCH.
2. COVER THE PAN WITH A FIRE BLANKET OR DAMP CLOTH, this will
smother the flames and extinguish the fire.
LEAVE THE PAN TO COOL FOR AT LEAST 60 MINUTES BEFORE
ING IT. Injuries are often caused by picking up a hot pan and rush-
ing outside with it.
NEVER USE A FIRE EXTINGUISHER TO PUT OUT A PAN FIRE as the
force of the extinguisher is likely to tip the pan over.
Never use water to extinguish oil or fat fires.
● Never stare at Halogen heating units
● Never leave children unsupervised where a cooking appliance is
installed as all surfaces will be hot during and after its use.
● Never allow anyone to sit or stand on any part of the appliance.
Never store items above the appliance that children may attempt to
● Never leave anything on the hob surface when unattended and not
● Never remove the oven shelves whilst the oven is hot.
● Never heat up unopened food containers as pressure can build up
causing the container to burst.
● Never store chemicals/food stuffs or pressurised containers in or on
the appliance, or in cabinets immediately above or next to the
● Never place flammable or plastic items on or near the hob.
● Never fill a deep fat frying pan more than 1/3 full of oil, or use a lid.
DO NOT LEAVE DEEP FAT FRYING PANS UNATTENDED WHILE
● Never use the appliance as a room heater.
● Never use the grill to warm plates.
● Never dry any items on either the hob or oven doors.
● Never install the appliance next to curtains or other soft furnishings.
● Never operate the grill with the grill door closed as this will cause
the appliance to over heat.
● Never mount the cooker on a platform.
● Never use steam cleaners.
Installation & User Instructions
When first using the cooker ensure that the room is well ventilated
(e.g. open a window or use an extractor fan) and that persons who
may be sensitive to the odour avoid any fumes. It is suggested that
any pets be removed from the room until the smell has ceased. This
odour is due to temporary finish on oven liners and elements and
also any moisture absorbed by the insulation.
Please read these instructions fully.